Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Stygian Library remastered on Kickstarter (+ some UVG/Troika! stuff)

Hello

Another short post today - but one that is time sensitive, so I need to do it!

A while back, I reviewed the Stygian Library.  You can go read the review if you wish, but tl,dr, it's a *very* good adventure that I very highly recommend and my players loved it.  It's a must have.  But what if you wanted a paper copy?  Or one with more original art?

Well now you can!  It is now on Kickstarter, and it's already backed.  It's closing in 6 days, so don't delay!

In other news, the Troika!/UVG game is going well (… if  you ignore the difficulties of gaming online vs in person and other such challenges), but I can tell you that the table I showed here as my first attempt at converting a d20 to a 2d6 works properly in the sense that it converts the rolls, but not so well in the sense that I don't like the results.   For example, someone can do a skill check on the nose (made by zero) and that translates to a 9.... which is often a mediocre or even bad result.   I think I was too concerned by the misfortune table, which is based on luck, which tends to be higher than advanced skills.  I'll post more about this later, but just in case you wanted to follow my example, beware of this.

This, incidentally, shows the value of playtesting!  No matter how clever you are, nothing beats actually testing something.  I think I will have to tweak the numbers a bit, and then more importantly, have *two* tables - one for luck check, and one for skill checks.


No comments:

Post a Comment